Student Council is a group of students who want to help their community. They help the school community, the neighbourhood community, and the world community. Student Council members are leaders in these communities. Students meet to create ideas and plan for fundraising activities as well as activities that promote school spirit.
What the Student Council will do:
- Meet on a regular basis
- Learn about decision-making, how to hold meetings, understand different roles of officers, communication skills, minutes, agenda.
- Liaise with their classmates – get feedback about the school to bring back to Management
- Meet with the Principal to discuss matters that are important to the student body
- Organise activities and events for the school
- Have input into decisions made – e.g. fundraising, Health and Safety Statement, classroom resources.
_____________Student Council News_____________
Student Council Election Week
November marks the start of a historic new beginning in St. Mary's National School with the formation of our very first Student Council. The Student Council will have representatives from 1st to 6th Classes with the voice of the pupil and Council led school change being at the top of their agenda. This week children in the classes are working had on electioneering, with speeches being written and delivered before polling day
on Friday. We are very excited about this new venture in the school and look forward to making great progress through active citizenship!
Student Councillors 2018 -2020
Meet Our Student Council:
Leading Change in our School!